The excitement of Canada Day is fast approaching and with so many great ways to celebrate, it can be difficult to decide what to do. If you’re heading up to Muskoka for the long weekend, you might want to check out some of the Canada Day events in the area. Here are a few of my personal suggestions for fun, family-friendly activities for the long weekend. Make sure to check out the event pages — some events are happening on the weekend and not on July 1st!
- Margaret Burgess Park where DJ Shakes will be performing live.
- Fireworks at Big Trading Bay
- Dwight Beach Canada Day Celebrations
- Gull Lake Rotary Park: A fun-filled family day with hot dogs, cake, games, and more.
- Canada Day Fireworks Cruise
- Honey Harbour Canada Festival: Held at the Park Landing, the Honey Harbour Canada Festival features the Honey Harbour Library’s annual book sale, an antique boat show, and a great big birthday cake from Elk’s Old Fashioned Bakery. The day will be filled with literature, music, art, crafts, exhibits by local businesses and associations, performance art, wonders of nature, marine history, and plenty of good eats — you don’t want to miss it!
- Muskoka Lakes Museum: Canada Day Quiz: Test your knowledge of Canadian and local history.
- Additional events to do on the Canada Day long weekend
- Ottawa Canada Day: If you want to head to our nation’s Capital and you’re up for some crowds check out the events.
What do you plan to do this Canada Day long weekend?